Worzalla Publishing Company (WPC) was founded in 1892 when brothers Joseph and Steven Worzalla bought a fledgling Polish Newspaper. The brothers setup their office and production plant on the upper floor of a building at Main and Third Streets in Downtown Stevens Point.
In 1912, WPC purchased a lot and building from the Hoffman Piano Company and moved to Second Street. The Worzalla Brothers now had enough room to expand their job printing operation and enter the bookbinding business, which operated under the name of National Bookbinding Company.
During World War II, the company expanded its letterpress operation and added two warehouses. In 1955, offset printing was added. Quickly outgrowing their space, Worzalla Publishing constructed a new plant on Jefferson Street in 1957, where our operations remain today.
In the spring of 1985, the employees acquired 1/3 of the shares of the company and created an ESOP (Employee Stock Option Plan). By the end of 1986, the employees acquired the remaining 2/3 shares, making WPC a 100% employee-owned company.